Writing Your Testimony
Writing your story is a big part of your spiritual DNA. Follow this easy-to-use guideline which shows how to write your testimony.
God’s word tells us,
“It is a proof of your faith. Many people will praise God because you obey the Good News of Christ—the gospel you say you believe – and because you freely share with them and with all others.” (2 Cor 9:13 NCV)
- Before you start writing, pray and ask God for help and the words to share.
- Be sure to include 1 or 2 of your favorite scriptures.
- Be honest.
- Don’t use religious clichés.
There are four major parts to your story. Relax and let’s get started.
1st The Old You (before you became a Christian)
- Basic information about growing up.
- What was your life before I met Christ?
- What are some of the circumstances others could relate to?
- What was your attitude like toward God and others?
- Explain your rock-bottom, if you had one.
2nd Your Experiences and Changes over time
- How did you become a Christian?
- How has your growing relationship with Jesus Christ influenced your life?
- Did a single event in your life touch your heart in a special way?
3rd The New You
- Explain what changes God made in your relationships with others.
- What areas of your old life are gone and how have they changed?
- How has your walk with God changed?
- What is your life like now?
- What encouragement can you give?